Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday

Time to catch up on Camp Nano... may or may not happen today but I am closing in on the "Red Bar of Doom".   What is the Red Bar of Doom?  It is 50,000 words divided by 30 days.  The goal is to stay at of above that line. Generally I'm looking back praying the Red Bar of Doom doesn't catch up to me.  This year I got off to a slow start and am trying to catch up to it. Guess I should find another LOL Cat to represent running towards the Red Bar, but I am optimistic that it will be behind me soon.
 
Red Bar of Doom Kitty

(I don't know where this picture came from.It has been with me for years.  If you want me to take it down please let me know.)

Time to catch up on A-Z.  My computer was not playing well with the interwebs yesterday.  I need to take it in after Camp and see what its psychosis is.  Some days it will play and other days it snickers at me and sticks out its tongue.

Time to catch up on some sleep.  Which, yawns, sounds really good right now.  Even after 32oz of ice coffee.  Yep, I needs me some rest.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, I need to catch up on Camp Nano too. Between gardening, and the neighbor catching the woods on fire, etc, I am a limp noodle. So i am going to relax into my story and see what I can come up with. Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The woods on fire? that is never good.
      Relaxing into the story sounds delicious.
      Happy writing.

      Delete
  2. I'm so far behind on Camp NaNo. I was doing such a good job last week when I was on spring break, but now it's back to work and I'm finding myself with less time for writing again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been crazy doing both Camp and A-Z. The good thing about camp is you can choose word count goal up until the 21 I believe. I kept mine at 50K... things might change.

      Delete
  3. It's one of those Nanos for me in which I'm never going to catch up. A-Zing, I'm only a couple days behind, but I am so thankful we aren't posting on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that line is a great motivator isn't it? I finally caught up yesterday, and now I'm even a few hundred words ahead! Going to a convention the first weekend of the month didn't exactly help my word count. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still behind. All that tired I was feeling was me getting a 'spring' cold. Hint, hint Mr. Weatherman. I'd love to see spring. ;)

      That's neat that you got to go to a convention.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, Ad Astra in Toronto was a blast! I got to meet one of my favorite authors, Jim Butcher, (I was actually stalking him from panel to panel most of the weekend,) dressed up as a character from one of his books, Harry Dresden, won a little prize in the costume masquerade, and volunteered as a security guard.

      Much fun.

      Delete