Saturday, April 6, 2013

Frank - The Fire Drake

 
This is Frank the fire drake.

 
 You see a cat? 
Silly me, of course you do.
If you weren't mortal you'd see Frank for what he is.
 
Let me see if I can tweak the computer.
How 'bout now?
 
 
Still a cat?  Dang.
Frank pulls the illusion off very well.
 Except on occasion when a small puff of smoke escapes his mouth. 
 
I have an idea.
 
Here's Frank as a hatchling before he had control of his powers.
 
Frank is a character that found his way into my last Nano novel. 
Frank is actually Nadja.
I asked if she minded that I was using her for a male character.
 You can tell from the picture that she is not amused.

Why Frank?  It was Nano and I used the first name that came to mind. 
One time I had a character named Findlistpickname.  I never did find the list.

The picture of the bearded dragon is my grandcritter Fred.

 
 
 


20 comments:

  1. I had an aunt who was called Frankie. Never did find out why. Auntie Frankie.

    Findlistpickname might work if you fiddle with the vowels a bit. (A to Z visitor.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good idea. I'll have to try that.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE IT! I love kitties, have my own! We have a black female too and she likes to think she is boss. This is a great post, "smile for the day!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a beauty. We don't know how old she is. She came to us a stray...yes, I'm the strange cat lady. When we got the pup the other cats took to him, but Nadja never could. For nine years she lived on our front porch. A few months back she finally decided that she could deal with the dog.

      Her name came because my daughter called me at work to tell me that a cat had "followed her home". She was off to her dad's for the weekend. I asked what did you name her? Judd said, "Nothing" I said, "That's not a name for a cat."

      I tried Nada for a bit that Friday. Didn't like it and came up with Nadja.

      Just incase you were wondering ;)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like F is one of your favorite letters. Frank definitely has strong powers, I can tell. My cat, Bubba, is the king of the universe, so I bet they are friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frank is adorable! And I like the name too, although who can top Findlistpickname for a name? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Frank knew what you were up too and wanted to fool the masses into thinking, Awwww kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frank (alias Nadja) is adorable! I especially love the first pic. She looks like's she's posing. In the second it's more "hurry up already, I'm bored." I'd never have guessed she's a fire drake. Well played, Frank!

    ~VR Barkowski

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha-ha. I like Frank's name--a good solid name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frank makes a very cute kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frank is sweet big cat! Though, personally, I like cats only from far! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frank is beautiful and his story already sounds compelling. I particularly liked the close-up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this! What a beautiful fire drake :) Frank also sounds a lot like a Pukis - a household dragon who looks like a cat by day (maybe I should use that one for my letter P in the a-z!) x

    ReplyDelete