Wednesday, September 25, 2013

T-minus 4-Super human feats of strength

I don't have any pictures - dinner was roasted veggies and a chicken patty.

But as I was doing my auxiliary exercises this morning I thought of something to share.

When I started this adventure I could not do push ups and I settled for wall push ups.  Last week I tried doing them on the floor again and to my surprise I could do them - girly style of course, but I was doing them.

This weekend I mowed the poor neglected backyard.  It had really sprouted due to the rains and there was a LOT of grass.  I filled two bags full.  Now I have three options for dealing with these clippings.

What's the problem you inquire?
My back gate has issues and it takes an act of Congress to get it opened.
It can be done - and next week I will have to do it to get the mower to the front yard but I want to get rid of these bags this week.  If I wait a week my can will over flow - that's not good.

Option 1 - leave the bags in the backyard.  The grass will dry out and compact and by next spring it will not be a bother.  Seriously - I have done this.

Option 2 - Suck it up and open the gate.

Option 3 - Toss the bags over the fence.

You KNOW what I did.  I don't even have to tell you.  Not sure what the neighbors thought but I was quite impressed with myself and my Herculean abilities.  

I ARE AMAZING.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is crazy how things have changed. {{flexes biceps}}

      Delete
  2. You are amazing. ;) Can I borrow you to come clean up my yard? *batting eyes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gotten pretty good at the yard work. The kids bought me battery powered tools. Lawn mower and yard trimmer. I'm not terrified of them. I don't know why the blades and string are just as hazardous but there is something about NOT gas that puts my mind at ease.

      Delete
  3. All those roasted veggies are turning you into wonder woman! Now, back to my breakfast of roasted sweet potato :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder Woman- I like it!!
      I'm going to try the roasted sweet potato with cinnamon on Sunday. This has potential.

      Delete
  4. I think it is so awesome that you can do push ups. I can't and in fact, never could. Way to go Hercules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you. = )
      They are not pretty by any stretch of the imagination.

      Delete