Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 8 - My, my oatmeal. Sob =..(

I had not looked past week one with regards to the recipes.  I'm taking it one week at a time. It was on Sunday when I was putting together a shopping list for the next week that I realized my beloved oatmeal was about to change.

At first I balked.  NO BOB! I'll eat my oatmeal anyway I please.  To heck with you.
It was bad enough when he said no fruit in week three, but this, this is too much.

Then I thought about a girl at our office who is trying to get 'shredded'.  She's paid well over a thousand dollars for a personal trainer who is guiding her through the process.  I realized that this is just a part of my journey and it is only three weeks.  I'll be just fine.

I settled down and resigned myself to the fact that my 1/2 cup of oatmeal would be cut to 1/3.  He also changed up the recipe.

1/3 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup apple sauce (no added sugar)
Cinnamon
vanilla

Okay - the resulting glump looked like the stuff my mom used to pawn off on us as a breakfast substance. Thus the reason I have not liked oatmeal.  I added liquid until the desired consistency was achieved and after that I was happy.

My eggs now consist of four egg whites with 3 cups of spinach.  Again - this was a bit hard for me.  I added some Mrs. Dash Southwestern for some kick and found that tasted much better.

I must confess that I did look a head to week three to see what medieval torture Bob had planned for me.  I will do it - I just needed to get my mind wrapped around what it was.

{{shudders}}  The horror.  Next Monday I will share but until then I'm working on repressing.





5 comments:

  1. Oatmeal with applesauce? Oh, amazing, epic day! That sounds great! Even if it is a blob. Sometimes I like the texture of blobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just so you know, I had oatmeal for dinner last night so I could try it with applesauce. Epic. Day.

      Delete
    2. It is actually quite good. I just need to add water to the mix so it isn't so thick.

      My mom used to fry up the oatmeal we didn't eat for breakfast and feed it to us for dinner. We thought we were being punished. She LOVED the stuff.

      Delete
  2. At least you are still going strong. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete