Thursday, September 19, 2013

Day 10 - Feeling much better

After dragging through the day yesterday I was very happy to wake up and feel like I had the energy to tackle the day.  And guess what...

I slept eight hours last night.  This is unheard of.  I began sleeping seven hours a night when I started this adventure and I thought: It don't get no better than this.  But it does.  It does get better.  Of course, it is taking its toll on my writing time and if this keeps up I'll have to work out something different.  But for now I'm loving the sleep.

My friend told me that they wanted to go out for dinner on Saturday. This was BEFORE I had the chance to announce that I was going to make Eggplant Chili.  I'll save it for another time.

I'm sure I'll be able to find something on the menu this weekend that is acceptable and I can request it steamed, broiled, no salt ... yes, I will be a pain in the butt. ;)

Last night I had Green Cauliflower Soup.

It would have been more pretty if I hadn't used up all the red bell peppers.  I had a little but I ended up using green for the remaining 3/4 cup.  It was actually quiet tasty.  I was dubious.  It was very green.

It uses veggie broth, spinach, cauliflower. (simmer)  Blend that in the blender.  Add back to the pot add chicken and red pepper.  (simmer some more).  Dill and also cracked pepper to taste.

Tonight??
Eggplant Chili

1 comment:

  1. The big question: was the big pile of green goo yummy?

    ReplyDelete