Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day One: Time speeds up.

A funny thing happened on the exercise portion of this three week adventure.
Time sped up.

Editorial Note: (um - this should have been slowed down. Bwhahaha this is why I am not a Science Fiction writer.  In my fantasy world I could blame the backwards thinking on some evil wizard who has befuddled the damsels mind.  In reality - I call it a senior moment ;)

I walk my pup every morning and we are gone for 30-45 minutes.  I've never considered this exercise as it is more meander behind the dog and wait while he sniffs.

For the next three weeks I have to walk 30-45 minutes a day.  I decided that if I walk with a purpose I could walk my dog and exercise too. We headed out in the morning and I picked up my feet. Sort of marching along.  Then during the sniff portion I walked in place or bounced.  If it kept my heart rate up it was good.

As we rounded the home stretch that should have marked 45 minutes I checked my phone.  Had we entered a vortex?  We had only been gone 25 minutes.  Wha?

I suggested to my pup that we head down Laughing Cats.  He gave me that pleased look and was more than willing to stay out longer.

I have decided that it is my 'marching' that gives Chester the urgency to go faster.  This could be a win/win as my pup is a bit tubby too.

In case you were wondering I have given my own names to the streets.
There is Main, Cop (cop car lives on the block), Rose (corner house with a million rose bushes),  Wolf Corner,  there is also a street I named Laughing Cats.

When my pup was little there were two cats that lived at the corner house. They KNEW that Chester was on a leash and they went out of their way to torment him when we'd walk by, thus Laughing Cats.  One day I'd had enough of their bullying and I let the leash out its full length.  I should probably change the name to Not Laughing Now Cats, but it doesn't have the same ring.


11 comments:

  1. Love your names for the streets, especially "Not Laughing Now Cats." If someone asked me the name of the roads nearby, I'd sound silly because I don't actually remember a lot of the names. It's more like "Make a right the house with the...." :)

    Good luck with the new exercise program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The walking part is not bad. The other exercise part is more intense but it is only 15 min. You'd be amazed at how long 15 min. can feel.

    But it is only a three week jump start. I can do this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great street names! And the walking faster probably did cut down on time, but it sounds like you and the pup are getting more exercise done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are and since I'm walking for time and not distance I can't complain.

      Delete
  4. Love those street names! I re-name places I frequent too. Hehehe! Oh yes, I bet those cats aren't laughing any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They never taunted him again, I can tell you that. ;)

      I always wondered what would happen if I had to call 911. "Where are you located ma'am?" I could give an approximate location and then I'd start in with street names and they'd call a 5150 on me.

      Either way - someone would arrive to save the day. Right?

      Delete
  5. Ha! This is hilarious. Good for you. I have to walk my dogs twice a day or they are completely out of control, but I love them! Those walks are great reflection time, and I often get a lot of thinking for my story done then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy the walks a lot. Especially since I walk in the wee hours of the morning. The stars are out. The people are not. It is peaceful, mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can tell you are a writer with your creative street names!! Love your sense of humor. Good luck with this exercise/dieting ordeal. I need to be doing it too, but I am afraid to walk here coz of BEARS! Yes, even in broad daylight. I am a wuss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are NOT a wuss. I would not walk if there was a possibility of meeting a bear. Chester could take his walk on a treadmill, thank you very much.

      Delete
  8. You are so good for exercising. I am in a really lazy place in my life right now and should get some exercise too. I think it was good that you let Chester put those cats in their place. Poor Chester, having the cats torment him like that. Good luck with the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete