Saturday, September 14, 2013

Day Four: Chester has an epiphany

I was not going to bore you guys with the day to day of this Jump Start adventure.  However, it is really helping me with the accountability of the whole thing.  Feel free to ignore me until the first of October - I won't be offended at all.  I promise.

As we were walking today Chester had an epiphany:  The Lady is not trying to run me down.  She's not trying to get ahead of me. That means.... I can sniff more. And indeed he did.  I'm fine with that.  I can march in place as easily as march behind the dog.

We were nearing the end of the walk and should start heading for the barn when Chester asked for One more block? Please??  Okay, but make it fast.  Danged if that dog did not speed up.  He's a smartie.

Dinner last night was roasted vegetables with a turkey patty.
It's not pretty looking but I'm showing you only for the sheer magnitude of food.
That's a dinner plate.  I kid you not. And it is missing the 1/4 of an avocado that I forgot to pick up.


I stopped at the grocery to pick up oatmeal and I saw this.  
Whoopers?  Dietitians Choice?  
Oh Harmon's, how I love your dietitians.


In all honesty the start of day three was a bit of a struggle for me.  I started out the post with: I woke up feeling fat, bloated and lethargic.  I decided I didn't want to dwell on the negative.  I was having a rough morning - boo hoo, don't let it derail you.  Taking a positive spin really helped.  I didn't leap off the diet wagon.  I kept forging a head. That's pretty good for me.  I'm known for my Monday starts.  I've had diets last as long as half a day.  Sad but true.  It brings me back to the accountability.

I don't want to report.  Day Four:  Ate Cheesecake.

2 comments:

  1. I love cheesecake. I think you are brave for eating healthy. I know I have to start thinking about what I am eating, because not only do I wake up feeling fat, I actually am fat and need to make some serious changes. But good for you for the progress you are making. I am cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It is funny that my daughter and I struggled the year before her wedding to 'lose weight'. We went to the gym almost every day. Ate salads and did all the diet things that you are 'supposed' to do. Nada.

    It was then we both shrugged and said - well, this is it. And paraded our Rubenesque bodies down the aisle. It was after that I started trying to eating healthy and things started to change. Go figure. = )

    ReplyDelete