Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Awe look at this

I went with my daughter to her first pregnancy check up because her hubby couldn't get it off work.  I am sad that he couldn't go but I am so happy I got the opportunity.

They sent her down to the big ultra sound machine because the smaller one in the office was not doing a good job.

I took this picture so I could at least let you all have a picture.
 
 
 
I didn't know that I was going to get these:
 
My little grand baby is 9 weeks 3 days old.
I got to see his/her little foot kicking.
 
There were two things that really mad me giggle during the visit.
 
First:  My daughter is filling out the insurance forms and she comes to:
Responsible Party - she says, "Well, that's awfully personal don't you think?"
"No honey, they mean who is the insurance coverage under.
 
Second: The encounter I had with the nurse was priceless. 
We are down at the big ultra sound machine and the nurse said that since my daughter wasn't very far along they might have to do a vaginal ultra sound.
I said, "But I don't want to see her vagina I want to see the baby.
The nurse sputters for a moment before finally saying, "It's all very modest.  She'll be covered...."
I assured her I was just being funny. 
What can I say, I have a sick sense of humor.

14 comments:

  1. Haha a sense of humor always helps in these situations! It's amazing to see those first pics though isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about your humor. I think it must have been a slow day for the nurse, because I understood the joke. How great it must have been for your to see your grand baby kicking and putting up a performance just for your. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since he/she is already kicking I can imagine what my poor daughter will be going through a few months from now. ;)

      Delete
  3. Ha ha ha! Love the one about the "Responsible Party." And congrats on the new addition to your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They were going to wait for a few years but they'll make terrific parents.

      Delete
  4. LOL Responsible party- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Funny, funny, and so precious. My youngest is six, and I'm dangerously baby hungry. Not good, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six years is a long time between babies. Um, probably not good? Visit a friend with a colicky new born. The urge will pass. ;)

      Delete
    2. I don't know that it will--I've got too much perspective on the fun that comes as they get a little older. *sigh*

      Oh, and you've been nominated for a blog award. Yay!

      Delete
    3. oooo I'll have to check it out.

      They are nice to have around when they are older. This is very true.

      Delete
  6. So, this makes you a grandma...for the first time?? How exciting, Jai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually this will be number two but the circumstances surrounding the first one made it so I have not had the opportunity to be a part of her life until recently. She just turned six. Not feeling the grandma thing I should but I'm trying.

      I'm looking forward to starting at the beginning with this one. I would like to have that connection I see other grandma's have.

      Delete