Saturday, July 20, 2013

Dad Gum It!!

I'd say something else but I'd like this blog to be as close to G rated as possible.

I was going to title it GOOGLE FAILED ME!!!!!!

I had a webinar that I was going to attend today.  2:00 Eastern.  Now, in my heart I knew it was noon but I doubted.  Do you ever do that?  You know something but doubt creeps in and you double check? 

Yep, that was me.

I googled to find the time conversion between mountain and eastern.  I was shocked.  The class I thought should have started at noon was starting at 4:00.  Well alrighty then.  I went to the market.  My mind kept telling me that something wasn't right.

When I finally puzzled it out using Mountain time vs Pacific time.  This one I know.  That's when I realized that google had failed me.  I was so dumbfounded that google failed me I went back to google to get a screen shot to prove this heinous error.

Oh dear.  I failed me.  We will call it Time Zone Dyslexia.  If you put in the correct information you will get the correct answer.  If you flip it backwards, sideways or turn it upside down.  Results may vary.

Good news is the people giving the webinar had a contingency plan in place for all of us Time Zone Challenged.  They will send me a copy of the webinar early next week.

I decided it was my Muse not wanting to awaken the internal editor.  The webinar was on showing not telling and during Camp Nano I am mostly telling.  I am also below the Red Bar of Doom.  I just barely got the stupid editor out of my life.  Words have been tough this month until Thursday when things began to click.  On Thursday I woke up and started knocking it out of the park.  

The editor scoffed at me and said, "You know that every sentence will have to be redone." 
"I know," I said. "It's Nano THAT'S what you do.  Now go away."
My Muse shooed him from the house and the words are flowing once again.

If I can have a 10,000 word weekend I will be above the Red Bar of Doom. 
This is the plan.  This is also an apology.  I had intended to stop by weekly not weakly.  I won't make any promises about making the blog rounds or even blogging until Camp is over.  I hope at that point to post a win.

I wonder if there is anyway I could use this blog for word count? 
Naw, didn't think so.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this post for so many reasons. 10,000 word weekend? Hmmm.... that sounds like a challenge I may have to make for myself. Thanks for giving me something to think over.

    PS- I'm really time zone challenged as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone. I was telling my son and he just rolls his eyes and laughs at me.

      Delete
  2. Keep going! You can do it!

    And just in case, I think you can change your word count goal on the site until a certain date. Not sure but check it out if you think it will help with the pressure a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that yesterday. I think I'm getting a cold and was just struggling. I wasn't sure when the cut off day was so I was keeping my fingers crossed. It worked.

      Delete