Monday, July 29, 2013

A mind of its own.

The kids got me a very cool hose.  When it's not in use it shrinks. 
 
In order to get it to grow you twist the valve closed, turn on the water and the hose expands.  Once it has expanded you open the valve.  Very cool.
 
However, I must of been a little slow getting to the point where I open the valve and there was a giant bubble that blew.  Dang it.
 
I cut the hose to see if I could fix it like you do a regular hose.  Not happening.  I decided to just soak the ground until I could purchase a new hose.  When I came out to switch the hose, this is what I found.
 
 
 
Well, alrighty then.  Works for me.  

12 comments:

  1. Is that one of those shrinking hoses that they've been advertising the heck out of on TV?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen it on TV but I'm sure it is. My son is notorious for buying me "As Seen On TV" items. Seems WalMart has a whole section for such things.

      When in doubt buy Mom a ShamWow

      Delete
  2. Ah...don't you just love summer? I've never had a hose I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love summer and I'm loving it even more that we are below triple digits.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Now I just learned something new. A shrinking hose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was kind of cool. I'll miss my little Shrinkie.

      Delete
  4. I've heard of those hoses. I'd let my hose water the lawn itself if I could!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty awesome that it does that. The first time it did it all by itself. After that it is quite fun 'trying' to get it to do the same thing.

      It would be a perfect hose for kids playing in the water. It whips around and defies your every wishes. I'm sure the neighbor have YouTube video out there someplace. :)

      I'm on a quest to buy a new hose this weekend. Or if it rains again I'll put it off for a bit.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I've just seen these here in the UK, the mighty Amazon are selling them, only difference is they are dark blue. They call in XHOSE the expandable garden hose. You can buy triggers with them etc.

    Think what fun could be had there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon? I didn't think of that. Anything to keep me out of WalMart!! Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete