Monday, November 4, 2013

Not as wordy as I should have been.

The first weekend of Nano was not as wordy as I have been in times past.  However, in my defense I came into this with just a working title.

I spent the weekend trying to figure out what it is I want to do.  Where I want my story to go. So while my word count is in the twa-let I feel like it was productive.

Of course not having interwebs helped me to stay focused.  Even my DVD player wasn't playing nice with me this weekend.  Is Mercury retrograde or something??

Hope all you Nanoers had a productive weekend.

10 comments:

  1. =) Hey, words put down at all should be considered a success. I don't do NaNo because the deadline freaks me out (I'm such a perfectionist), but I'm wishing you all the best. Go, go, go! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on the right track, Jai, no worries! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better about my story. It has taken a totally different turn than I expected.

      Delete
  3. At least you wrote. I am too much of a coward to ever participate in NaNoWriMo. Good-luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The hardest part is putting the editor to bed but once he's knocked out. Yeah baby!!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like your time was well spent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. I'm going a different direction than I'd planned but once I hit on this I knew it was right and knocked out 1800 words this morning.

      Delete
  5. Figuring out what you're going to do instead of just having a meaningless manuscript of words that are just words, and not workable, is far more productive than just putting words on paper. My goal with Nano is not just to write over 50,000, but to write it well, so I have something to work with afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the same goal!! YaY! I really do want to finish the process this time. With a beginning, middle, end, edits, more edits, betas, more edits. That's the plan.

      Delete