Sunday, October 13, 2013

Cats who can figure them out

I have a little black cat at home.  You met Nadja when she was Frank the Fire Drake.


She has always loved to cuddle with me and during my recent illness she seemed to really enjoy that I was constantly sitting on the couch.  At least at first she liked it.  Then she started finding other places to hang out.


I thought that she was just watching outside but I began to notice a theme.  It didn't matter where she was in the house she had her back to me.  I decided that she was angry with me for my explosive coughing that would send her to skittering off my lap.
This is me not looking at you.
I'll sit near you, but I'm not going to look at you.  
No, I won't.

This is me ignoring you.  Do you see me ignoring you?


So who could blame me when when I found another black cat that needed attention.
I found this poor little bedraggled critter and had to save him from being run over.
He'd already lost his little ear.

Perhaps sensing that she'd gone a bit too far when an interloper appeared.
She decided to make up.
Though she's not looking too pleased with the prospect.



10 comments:

  1. OH can they hold a grudge!!! I have a black kitty that does the same thing! She has never forgiven me for the 10 hr move here-- she decided she was going to be my mom's cat then and ignore me. she is only starting to become more affectionate with me coz mom has been out of town for over a month! But I still love her silly butt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no and then you're going to move again. You are in TROUBLE!!

      Delete
  2. Cats are so moody and temperamental, so this was hilarious to read! My dogs would never turn their back to me. They'll just climb in my lap and demand my love.

    The three cats I had growing up were pretty cuddly too. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I went out of town for the summer a few years back it took my pup about two weeks before he would forgive me.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, silly cat. Their personalities crack me up. Okay, I need to go away now--you're making me think of my kitties growing up, all of whom are gone. =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe! Makes me miss having a cat. My husband is allergic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do enjoy the furry critters. Too bad about the hubby's allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that! I don't have a cat- so I'm glad I get to live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete