Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Things that go bump in the night...

I love a book that can scare me. However, I was not ready for this:


I had finished my current book and there on my carousel waiting for me was the book by Cherie Reich Once Upon a December Nightmare.  In the wee hours of the morning she gave me a very good scare.

It didn't help that Chester and Bob were in the room with me and the dog door kept thumping as if something was using it.  Not a someone. A some thing.  Bob's alert at the foot of my bed.  He heard it too.  Goosebumps jump out on my skin. 

Once my imagination went into overdrive there was no help for me. 

I'm not a book reviewer.  But Wayne L. White did a marvelous job of reviewing it.  I'll let you jump over to his blog.

I so enjoyed the story that I immediately bought Nightmare Ever After. I look forward to a chillingly good time tonight.


5 comments:

  1. Aww! I'm so glad you enjoyed the first book, and I hope you enjoy the sequel as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this sounds great! Haven't read a decent horror story for years. Thanks for the heads up :)

    And all the best to Cherie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good read. Hope you get the chance to read it.

      Delete