Friday, June 28, 2013

Getting ready for camp

I've been a bad blogger and I'm afraid that I can't promise to be better.

I'm gearing up for Camp Nano
 and I'm not going to make myself crazy like I did in April. ;))

Getting ready for camp is fun.
Besides deciding what story to write

You have to pack your clothes.
 
Lay in supplies for the month.
 
Coffee, coffee and more coffee
 
 
Fast snacks - relatively healthy

 
Protein powder makes for fast meals and no meal planning.

 
Don't worry I eat my vegetables too.
 
 
Well, it can't ALL be healthy. 
 
 
Did I mention lots of coffee?
 
 
Gotta pack the portable story making device.
 
 
The most important step.
Lock your internal editor out of the cabin/tent/house. 
 
 
Send him on a vacation.
Tie him up and stuff him under the bed.
Whatever it takes.
For one month just say NO to the internal editor
 
 
I saw this and wondered if this was a sign that I should change my story.
 
 
 
Naw,  probably not.
It can't be much of a zombie killa as it isn't dented.
Maybe they back over the zombies.  I didn't check the rear.
 
I will try to stop by once a week to peek in on you and let you know how it's going.
 
 
 
 



23 comments:

  1. Oh, really funny post, Jai! Love the supply list and locking out your internal editor. Have never done Camp Nano and probably never will, but I hear it works for some. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I enjoy Nano and this month I've got cabin mates to help spur me on. I'm very excited.

      Delete
  2. Good luck Jai! I'll be gearing up myself come October.

    In the meantime, Go! Jai! Go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Maybe I'll see you around the woods. I'll be the one walking around holding my Camp NaNo mug and weeping into it, either because my story stinks or because someone stole all the S'mores. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo you're doing it too? Awesome. I'll keep an eye out for you and we can weep together and then track down that S'more stealing rascal and take them back!!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are all set. Best of luck. Sure you've got enough coffee in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably not. I'll send Yogi Bear for more as needed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *LOL* You're totally prepared. And I agree, not much of a zombie killer without dents! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute post. Good luck and have fun at camp. Remember to play nice w/ your bunkmates. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will if they show up. It's kind of quiet in my cabin. = (

      Delete
  8. Awesome! You've inspired me to just go write, and not worry about editing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post should get an award. Loved it! I am planning to do camp NaNo, but I'll be arriving a little late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks. It was fun to put together.

      Maybe I'll see you around Camp.

      Delete
  10. It seems like you are all set. Good luck and enjoy! Fantastic post, you made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always gladdens my heart to make someone laugh. = )

      Delete
  11. Cute post! Although my fast snacks involve Swedish fish and sour patch kids. ;) -RB Austin

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey there! Love the post! You really prepared! I need to type up what I wrote to update word count, see ya in the cabin in a few..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like your all set. Love the post it made me smile.


    Cynthia @ The Sock Zone

    ReplyDelete