Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Camp Nanowrimo

After I'd signed up for the A-Z Challenge I found out that Camp Nanowrimo was in April too.  That's okay, there is a July camp. I could wait.  When I discovered that you can pre-schedule the blogs for the A-Z Challenge it started me thinking, maybe I could do both.  It would work as long as I had my blogs done prior to April.  I can get word count for Nano done in the morning.  During the day I can blog hop for A-Z and the evening hours could be  for catch up on one or the other.

It will make for a busy April but DH is going to be out of town the first week of April.  The second week he'll be doing our taxes.  The third week the boys will be out of town.  Everyone will be so busy I don't think that they are going to miss me.

I wanted to do a 'don't look down' draft with a hint of structure to see if the end result was more satisfying. Nano provides the support structure for just such an endeavor.

My blogs are completed.  Some are kind of lame, but time is not going to change that.  Trying to find something to blog about utilizing MY pictures limits me greatly.  I would have just under two weeks to gear up for Nano.

I am really tempted.

10 comments:

  1. Great to see you're doing the A to Z Challenge. My posts are already scheduled too. I think you can do NaNo too! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of the few that doesn't do anything Nano, but I am doing the challenge and almost have all my posts written ahead of time - a big thing for me since I'm a panster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited to read all the blogs.

      Delete
  3. Not sure I could handle the NaNo, but I know some who do. And you have a good window, too. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great you have your A-Z posts done. I'm participating in Camp NaNo in April too (and in July), but my goal is only 30,000 words, so I can finish rewriting my NaNo novel from last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. I love that Camp Nano let's you set your own goal.

      Delete